Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Bird of Time's first flight

We were the first ones at the field today trying to beat the heat.  I put the Bird of Time together right away so I could get the first flight in without the pressure of people watching.
I am sure glad the wing is in three pieces since it would be a tough job getting a ten foot wing through the motor home door.
Vera did a great job getting a nice picture of the first launch.
It flew great and only needed 4 clicks of down trim to be perfect.  I flew it two more times and had 25 minutes flights with two minutes of motor run.  It is a keeper, very relaxing to fly and easy to see at altitude.
There were thirteen flyers out today.  I made two flights on the B-36 and put it away, I did the same thing with the P-39 which turned out to be a good thing.  Both of them were out of harms way when a dust devil came through and picked up the second blue sun shade from the left and rolled it up the flight line clear to my table.  The blue Cub on the ground had the covering torn as it rolled over it.  We got the sun shade stopped before it hit my planes and my only damage was small dents in the Bird of Time covering that ironed right out when we got home.  The white sun shade blew over also but didn't hurt anything.  The blue sun shade was a twisted mess and I don't think it is repairable.  We left early again today to beat the heat and it sure felt good to get home to the air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...