Saturday, July 28, 2018

Big Bird day two

I tried to get the same scene as the sunset picture when I got up this morning.  I slept great last night, it is really quiet there.
There was dew on everything so I wiped them down and set everything in the sun to dry.
I wandered up the line looking at planes and found this Corsair with a five cylinder Moki in it that was for sale.  I didn't even ask the price because the engine sells for $4175.00!
He flew it several times during the day and it sounded and looked great, he was a very good pilot.
I sure like the twelfth man scheme on this plane. 
I got quite a few flights on the B-36 today everything worked just like it should, I guess that checking it over before loading up paid off.
I am making a landing or a low flyby, I am not sure which.
RC Rebel on Facebook was taking pictures all during the event and did a great job.  I borrowed the B-36 pictures from her posts on Facebook.
The orange and white plane is not big but it sure was fast, 140 Mph!  I didn't even try to get a picture of it flying, it was tough just keeping it in sight at that speed.  I lost sight of it several times when it changed directions.
We stayed for dinner and to hear our friend Bob play.  He and his friend played nineties rock and they sounded great, the little guy swayed along with their music for quite a while.  We listened until about seven thirty when they took a break and then headed home so we could get there before dark.  It was a fun two days.
Vera wanted a picture of the sign painted on their barn as we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...