Friday, July 6, 2018

Mowing and Flying

Mt Rainier had a big cap over it this morning so I took a picture before unloading my planes.
When I had them all set up ready to fly I put this picture on Facebook with the comment "Ready for another great day of flying!",  I got in one flight before Steve showed up to mow.  I was going to help him mow at Mrs. Herren's but Ken showed up and said he would do it.  After they got done there and had done part of the parking area I relieved Ken and mowed for a while.  The field looked great when we finished.
Steve had a new glider that is really beautiful, he wanted a picture before the first flight so Vera and I posed him with Mt St Helens in the background.  Sadly he had radio trouble and decided not to fly it today.  We had a pretty good turn out of nine members and one guest flyer.  I got in lots of flying with the P-39, Pitts, Skylane and the Vintage glider.  I had a leak in the retracts of the P-39 that I traced down to the air valve when we got home.  I did a little looking and discovered I had two new valves so the problem has been repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...