Sunday, July 29, 2018

More catching up

Sunday 7-22-2018 We went to church then rested up the rest of the day.

Monday 7-23-2018 I made repairs to a couple of minor issues on the B-36 and loaded it back into the motor home for a club picnic next weekend.

Tuesday 7-24-2018 We went up to see Marie, on the way I stopped at the flying field to fly the X-vert.  That did not go well and I ended up breaking it in half.  I forgot the switch settings were labeled on the battery cover.  We visited with the other flyers for a little while and headed on to Centralia.  Marie was doing OK, but she gets tired in a hurry, naps for a few seconds and then picks the conversation right up where she left off.
When we got home they were just finishing the loading of the dozer Gabe used to prepare Parker's building site, we had to wait a couple of minutes for them to finish before we could get up the driveway.
7-25-2018 Wednesday while Vera was at bible study I saw this doe and fawn walk through the yard and go over to Parker's place.  When they saw me with the camera they ran back across the driveway to our yard.
I walked down to where I could see the yard and whistled at them, they stopped and looked back at me.
I bought a Bird of Time glider at the Big Bird swap meet.  I have been working on it and finished up the cowl I made to cover the motor I added.  Vera suggested that I should make it out of wrapped thin plywood like a plane I used to make.  It worked great and it is ready now for fiberglass and paint.
Friday 7-27-2018 We went flying early at Toledo to beat the heat.  I flew the B-36 twice, the P-39 twice, the Pitts a couple of time and a bunch of flights on the AT-6.  I ended up making about ten flights before for we left.  Thanks Steve K. for taking this picture.  I flew the repaired X-vert today and with the switches set right it flew fine.
Considering how hot it was there was a pretty good turn out.  This is as I was loading up and we were the first ones to leave, we made it home before it got really warm.

Jackie sent a couple of pictures of Cora on Friday, she let Jackie comb her hair today.  Jackie's new phone takes nice pictures.

Sunday 7-29-2018  Today was forecast to be the hottest day of the year so far so we decided not to go to the CVRCF picnic and fun fly.  We went to church which they held in the basement because of the heat.   Then I worked on the Bird of Time glider.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...