Monday, February 29, 2016

Tombstone

We headed out early this morning for Tombstone Arizona, it was about a two hour drive.
The store fronts and boardwalk looked pretty authentic and there are lots of actors in period costumes giving advice and kidding around with the tourists.
If you timed and framed your pictures right it looked pretty darn real.
We took the tour of the Tombstone Courthouse, because Barry and Mona volunteer at the arboretum we got in free.
Barry said this tandem bike on display in the courthouse was the only one he had ever seen where both sets of handlebars could steer the bike.
We had buffalo burgers for lunch at the Crystal Palace.  It was the first time I have had it and I really like the way it was cooked and tasted!
From there we went to the Pima Air Museum in Tucson.   On the way to Tombstone I had seen this VW buried along the road, so Barry stopped on the way back so I could take a picture.
I wanted some more pictures of the USAF Thunderbirds F-4E Phantom they have on display.
It was around 85, so we mainly went to the indoor displays until right at the end.
Then I wanted some pictures of a couple of F-4s on outside display.
We also drove by this airfield where they are tearing apart old jets, there are quite a number of 747s there.
This evening when we were sitting outside Barry noticed a little cotton tail rabbit in the yard.  There ended up being 3 or 4 of them out there and I got several good pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...