Saturday, February 13, 2016

A little headway on the Tri-motor

James and his friend Cade stopped by this morning and left the Maxima here while they went fishing with Chris.  That gave James and I a chance to take Cade on a tour of the shop.  Cade was the only lucky one, he caught a nice steelhead.  I got caught up on the blog today and I did some more work on the Ford Tri-motor.  I shaped the leading edge with a block plane and planned on sweeping the floor afterwards, that didn't happen so it still looks natural.  Clean is when it looks strange!  I have all the wiring ran now, so I started sheeting the center section of the wing.  I got the bottom covered tonight and if things go well, I will get the top done tomorrow and the wing tips on.  We had Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Cheese biscuits for dinner tonight, they are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...