Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Off to Arizona

James spent the night with us and then took me to the airport for my flight to Phoenix for a week with Barry.
I had plenty of time to get checked in and read for a while before take off.  It was fitting that I am reading about the Wright Brothers on my Kindle.
It was a nice smooth flight but there was some cloud cover so I did not take too many pictures.  I got a little exercise after we landed because I had to walk the entire length of the terminal to get to the baggage claim area.
I had skipped breakfast and just had a couple of snacks on the way down, so Barry took me to the Cracker Barrel restaurant.  They serve breakfast all day, so I had french toast, eggs and sausage which was great.  There were lots of antiques hanging from the ceiling, I have a post hole digger like the one in the picture.
I got to meet Mona's sister Vera and her husband Frank when we got to the house.
Mona's sister Vera made soup for dinner and then we sat outside, visited, watched the fire, stars and a satellite going by overhead.
Barry had mentioned how nice the moon looked the night before, so we checked the moon rise  time and I got this picture.  We watched a little TV and I was ready to call it a day.  I came in and wrote this up before settling in for the night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...