Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Back to the Ford!

Back to the Ford Trimotor that is!  The real Ford Trimotor has a rounded top on the fuselage and this one was square.
Today I decided to change that, I got out a compass and laid out a rounded shape on the forward former.  Then I cut the sides and top off, added four more formers and stringers.  After sanding down the new formers to match the curve of the front one it looks pretty good.  Now I just have to sheet it with balsa.
I was also wondering about the windshield, all the drawings I have been working with show it straight up or leaning forward at the top.  I did some research online and found that they were sloped back on some models.
I have been working on making up fiberglass nacelle cowls for a couple of days.  I now have all four done and have started filling and sanding them out.  Boy, does time fly, I looked at the blog totals and I have made 1850 posts since I started my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...