Friday, October 11, 2013

Flooring and Football Friday

Time to get caught up, Wednesday, Vera had bible study and I puttered most of the day in the shop.  I had knocked one gear on the P-51 loose with a not too gentle landing last weekend.  I found out the screws I used were too short and only going half way into the mount.  I repaired the mount where they pulled out and put longer screws back in.  I got a call from William, a new modeler, that he was free for me to come give him a little help with his new plane.  I ran up to their house and explained that part of the plans to him and had a nice visit.

Thursday Bob and Bruce stopped by in the afternoon.  I finished up the P-51 repairs before they got here and watched my new Neat Fair video.  The Neat Fair is a fun fly for electric airplanes held in upper New York, they always have some interesting airplanes there, so I buy the video every year.  Of course, I settled in and spent the evening watching Thursday Night Football.

Friday morning Vera and I started on the new flooring.  I pulled up about a third of the rug and pad in the living room and we cleaned up the floor.  We rolled out one pass of the underlayment and started putting down the new flooring.  The first couple of rows went kind of slow while we were learning the process.  The picture is how much we got done today.
This evening, I went to James' game.  Mark Morris played Hockinson and won fairly easily.  James got to go in as quarterback for a series of downs, we were really excited for him.  The final score was 42 to 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...