Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A free dinner!

We were up early and off to town this morning.  Vera had a dental appointment at 9, we made it to Kaiser with 5 minutes to spare.  After Vera's appointment, we got our flu shots, then we went to Home Depot and picked up the trim for the floor, I had gotten an email that it was in just before we left this morning.  I have been craving a Blizzard lately, so I stopped at the Kelso Diary Queen and picked one up when we left Home Depot, then we hit Jack in the Box and got a breakfast sandwich for Vera.  Safeway was next, when we came out, it was raining like mad.  I joked that we were heading for sunny Castle Rock and as luck would have it, it was sun shining when we got home.  I tore some carpet and tack strips up in the hall this afternoon.  When I got tired of that (it didn't take long) I went out and put the new gears in the helicopter, and installed an anti spark connector in the F-4.  Now plugging in the batteries will not be so spectacular, it used to make a big spark when I plugged it in, it scared the heck out of me the first time.
I came in to see what Vera was doing and found the door wide open, I finally found her on the deck taking pictures of the deer that was having the burning bush, strawberries and roses for dinner.  It is looking at me in the picture as I was hunting for Vera.  This one was not too alarmed when it saw me, it went right back to eating after looking at me.
We finally spotted the second one eating apples just below our yard.  It is really a small one, maybe this year's fawn.  It is really jumpy, I opened the blinds to look at it and it took off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...