Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Smart Car's New Home

8-19-2024 

I had a call today from the lady that bought the Smart Car.  She loves it and sent me this picture of it hooked to their motor home.  They have friends who want to get a Smart Car also and she wanted to know where I had the base plate installation done at.  I had to do a little research to find their contact information and then I texted it to her.

When we got the van part of the chrome strip on the step was broken and it always bugged me so I ordered a new one.  It was the package that FedEx left at the wrong house.
Here I am prying the old step off, it turned out to be a lot easier than I expected.
When I got the step off I had a little clean up to do.
This is the new step.
Installing the new one turned out to be really easy.  The forward clips slide right into their holes and the back ones just took a light tap with the palm of my hand to seat them.
James came up in the afternoon and we had a good visit talking about his up coming school year.  When he left he asked for a couple of Vera's last batch of cocoa mounds to take to Mik and Michelle.  I got in a couple of helicopter flights this evening.

8-20-2024
Today I puttered in the shop and van.  I had gotten a new tool box a few days ago and I decided to use it in the van, it worked much better than the one I had in there before.  UPS delivered one today that didn't work out for what I had planned but turned out to be perfect for my smaller batteries.  My face is healing great but sure gets itchy at times.  I made a few more flights with the new helicopter during the day, I am really enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James, a Peach Pie and Motor Home

  9-1-2024 James stopped by today and visited for a little while this afternoon. 9-2-2024 Laury brought us a peach pie she had made and it w...