Thursday, August 8, 2024

A New Routine

 My new routine is going in and doing the exercises the physical therapist gave me first thing in the morning before I do anything else.  Then I get dressed, have breakfast and start the day.  The exercises are helping, yesterday Vera noticed I was walking normally instead of limping.  We haven't done much since my last post mainly stuck pretty close to home.

8-3-2024

I took this picture while I was in the shop organizing and labeling, I need to get a couple more of this size.

8-5-2024
This is my new helicopter, a model of the Bell Jet Ranger.  It may look like it is a long way off, but it is actually pretty close as it is small.  I am amazed at how well it flies, it has a 6 axis gyro and uses a barometer to control altitude.  All of that is in a body about 11 inches long nose to tail.

8-6-2024


Today the foot massager and two leg massagers showed up.  I got them to see if they would help get the swelling out of my left leg.  One of our UPS drivers that is on her feet a lot did a post on Facebook about hers that Vera pointed out to me.  I decided to try them and they do a great job.  The leg massagers have a mode called Lift that works great for moving the swelling up out of my calf where most of it occurs.

8-8-2024

Vera saw this picture that her niece Veda had painted.  It really reminded Vera of the border collie that she had grown up with.  Vera's dad got it when Vera was 2 years old and it didn't die until a couple of years after Vera left home.  The original was a large painting but when Vera expressed and interest in it she painted a smaller one for Vera.  It now is displayed with a picture of Vera that Veda painted when we were in Arizona for my 80th birthday.

James came up this afternoon and we had a great time visiting and talking about our past adventures.
I went out to the shop after dinner to try and program the controller for my new helicopter I am building.  It did not go well and I headed in to watch the video again.  On the way I went by the elderberry I noticed was wilted yesterday and had watered.  It looked better and then I noticed this deer.  I started talking to it and it never ran off.  It was still in the same spot when I went into the house.  It is sure nice to be walking more like normal again.  I should be able to show the therapist some improvement at my next visit in a week or so as I will do the exercises until they tell me to stop.



No comments:

Post a Comment

James, a Peach Pie and Motor Home

  9-1-2024 James stopped by today and visited for a little while this afternoon. 9-2-2024 Laury brought us a peach pie she had made and it w...