Saturday, May 1, 2021

Garage Sales

 
We made a lunch and mail run to town today.  I had seen some garage sale signs by the Fibre Credit Union so we cruised by to look at them and drove up the Westside Hwy to one just past Chapman Rd.  Neither one of us found anything we couldn't live without so we headed home.  As we came up the hill there was a Sale sign with an arrow pointing up the hill so off we went.  We ended up almost to the end of South Silverlake Rd.  It was an estate sale, I don't normally go to estate sales but we went in and wandered around looking at stuff.  Like most estate sales ran by a business the prices were pretty high.  There was some interesting stuff but nothing we needed so we completed the loop by going home via Headquarters Rd.  Vera got her drivers license renewal notice in the mail today and it could be renewed online so we did it when we got home.  I noticed that it can be done up to a year in advance so I did mine also.  I had a good afternoon and evening in the shop making up the wiring for the Trex 700 and repairing my Dremel tool.  The Dremel tool's motor went bad and I was going to buy a new one until I found out the style I had was $130 so I started looking for parts and found a new motor for $24.  ToolPartsdirect had lots of brands they stock parts for and were pretty fast at getting my order to me.  Vera fixed us some awesome BLT's for dinner, a great way to finish a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...