Monday, May 17, 2021

The Trex 500 is flying again

 5-16-2021
Sunday was a day of rest for me after the busy day Saturday.  As I was watering the plants today I stopped and took this picture of the rhododendron by the motor home.

It was calm this evening so I took the Trex 500 out to the backyard and did a short test flight.  It flew great so I put it on the table and went in to tell Vera.

5-17-2021
Monday was the last day without rain in the forecast for awhile so we went flying at Toledo.  I flew my favorite the Skylane first and shot a bunch of touch and goes.  Then I got out a couple that I have not flown for a while.  I was surprised how well the littlest one handled the wind.  The Ultrix only has a thirteen inch wing span but has a great stabilization system that makes it fly like a much bigger plane.  It never did warm up much so we headed home about one.
It was warmer at home so I got the 500 out for another flight in the backyard.
The first thing I did was check the trims while it is in hover.

Then I took it up a little higher and flew around a little.  I flew for six minutes and I still had 58% left in the battery when I checked back at the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...