Thursday, July 16, 2015

A week off!

I kind of took a week off from my blog.  We didn't do much over the weekend, we even ended up skipping church on Sunday.  Monday I wanted to find some shoes that were more comfortable.  I had checked online and there was a store in Olympia that handled the ones the doctor had recommended, that would work great because we could go see Barry and Mona, then on the way home we could see our friend Bob at the rehab facility.  The store didn't have the shoes I was interested in, so we went over to Barry and Mona's.  We had a nice visit there and went to lunch with them.  Barry told me that the Sports Authority had lots of shoes, so we went there after lunch.  Vera spotted the Nike's above just as I was giving up and they felt great, so I got a pair.  We went to Costco from there and then headed South.  Bob was in a good mood, but tired from his surgery so we didn't stay too long.
This is Monday evening after we got home, I wore the compression socks all day and they really helped the swelling around my Achilles.
The flowers are really enjoying the warm weather and the watering every morning.
Tuesday and Wednesday I worked on the F-4 and the Traxxas radio controlled truck.  New batteries had come for both of them and I wanted to check the fit.
This little buck was wandering all around the yard at dinner time Tuesday.  I had a heck of a time getting a picture of him, this is the best one I got!
This afternoon, we went to the Castle Rock Fair Parade so we could see the church kazoo marching band.
They ended up winning the Grand Prize, they were playing "When the Saints go marching in" as they went by us.
Pastor Pam is giving us a wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James, a Peach Pie and Motor Home

  9-1-2024 James stopped by today and visited for a little while this afternoon. 9-2-2024 Laury brought us a peach pie she had made and it w...