Monday, August 4, 2014

That looks better!

We had a nice walk today, Peggy was back with the group and the weather was great.  After we got home and I finished breakfast and emails, I started watering.  I am glad I did, because we were in the 90's today.  Vera spends a lot of time sitting on these benches reading, but the sun runs her out sometimes, so I asked if she wanted me to move our small umbrella over there.  She suggested the one from the deck, so we moved it over and that was a great spot for it.
 The pond has been looking bad lately, lots of algae and debris from the trees.  I got the pond vacuum out and sucked all the water out as I hosed the leaves, needles and mud into the suction nozzle.  Then I cleaned both filters and started refilling it.   Luckily, Steve came over to borrow some wire and Vera showed him the pond while I put my shoes on, when I caught up with them, I discovered it was almost full.  If he hadn't come over, it probably would have overflowed as I was settled in my chair watching TV!
I worked on the lighting for my night flying airplane this afternoon.  This is how the bottom looks now.  I flew the quad at dusk and I had a great time blowing leaves off the driveway while using it's lights to see where I was going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...