Monday, August 11, 2014

HOT!

Just Vera and I on the walk this morning and it was already getting warm.  We were getting a little dewy by the time we finished.  When we got home Vera suggested painting the meter pedestal for our electric service.  I had picked up paint the other day, so Vera picked the one she liked, I masked the meter and gave the pedestal a couple of coats of paint.  It does not stand out now, as we painted it with camouflage green.  Then, I started watering, when I was about half done we took a break and picked blueberries from the last two bushes we had covered with netting.  After I finished watering, I made a chocolate blueberry milkshake for lunch, I had never tried that combination before and it was great!  I did some cleaning and puttered with some LED's this afternoon.  I had a pretty heavy sack full of junk when I took it out to the garbage and wheeled the can down to the road.  It was a good day to be inside, we were showing 102 on two of our thermometers and NWS was showing 100 at Toledo and Castle Rock.  I went outside with my infrared thermometer and took some readings, the car seats were 121 degrees, the concrete wall was 135, and the patio surface was 165 degrees!  I am sure glad I didn't have to sit on any of those!  The air conditioned  house and shop felt good.
Yesterday, I put a picture of this bloom on Facebook and asked what it was, neither of us knew.  I don't know how long we have had it, it is about 5 feet tall and this is the first time it has bloomed.  Several people were able to tell me it was a "Rose of Sharon", now I will take a little better care of it and start watering it.  It was looking a little wilted when I noticed the blooms, but two days of watering have perked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...