Friday, August 8, 2014

Garage Sales

Thursday

Our big adventure today was garage sales, it seems like the ones with the biggest or most signs are often the sales with the least stuff.  I did get started putting the new rotor head for the Cobra together this evening.

Friday
We hit some more garage sales this morning, at the first one I had a great time, I never bought anything, but I ran into two friends and had a good time visiting with them.  At the next one it took me three tries to get out of the garage, I kept spotting another treasure to buy.  James came up this evening to have me look at the antenna on the Maxima.  It is one that extends when you turn on the radio and it had ran it's self right out of the housing.  James was worried about water getting in when he washed it.  I got it back in, but when he turned on the radio, it ejected itself again.  We ended up putting a cork in the hole.  We did some other maintenance on it and changed out a bad fog light bulb, that turned into quite a job.  I really enjoyed working with James, he is a quick learner and put the fog light back in without any help.  I did some programming on the  controller for the Cobra tonight and as I was checking things out, I found the main rotor shaft was bent.  Luckily, I had a spare that I can put in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...