Saturday, August 23, 2014

Garage Sales Friday and Saturday

The first garage sale we went to Friday had so much stuff it was overwhelming!  I found a couple of small things to buy and then we were off to a couple more in the Castle Rock area.  We did not find anything we couldn't live without there, so it was off toward Toutle.   The first ones were on McCormick Rd, we found four there and one of them was a former teacher of Michelle's.  The last one on McCormick Rd was a nice setting with this old outbuilding that I just had to take a picture of.  Vera and I both found one thing each at that place.   We found a couple of more garage sales up toward Toutle, at one I found an overhead projector for $2 and a 5 drawer tool chest base for $25.  When I went to pay, they gave me the overhead projector and I just had to pay for the base unit.
This evening I set up a set of solar rock lights I got on McCormick Rd to shine on the roses.
I was wandering around looking for something else to take pictures of when I noticed the birds coming for their evening drink at the pond.  I sat on the little deck there and once they were used to me being there, I got some good pictures.

Saturday we went to a garage sale in Longview that had advertised radio control planes.  The planes matched their surroundings, mostly junk!  We went to a few more in Castle Rock and went back to the one with lots of stuff.  I did not find anything today, but Vera found several items.  I spent the rest of the day getting my planes ready for Sunday flying.  James came up for a while in the evening, his first day of two a day football practices and he was really tired.  He was selling  cards to support the football program, so I bought one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...