Saturday, November 9, 2013

Swap Meet

We went up to Olympia today for a swap meet at the Olympic Flight Museum.  The place was packed, lots of good deals and lots of people.  We had a good time looking and visiting with friends.
I only made it part way down the first aisle before I bought the helicopter body, I packed it about 2/3 of the way around and decided to take it to the car.  Later I found a couple of sets of landing gear struts and a pilot.  After about 2 hours, I had seen enough, so we got ready to leave, but first, I had sent four planes up with Jeff to sell, 2 had sold, so I went and got one of the ones left and gave it to a new 12 year old club member.  Vera reminded me I wanted a new tee shirt, so I picked out the one in the picture as we were leaving.  Then Vera and I had lunch, made a stop at Costco and headed home via the swap meet again.  I went in and visited a little more, tried to give the last plane away, but ended up trading it for a little P-40.  We went home on Old 99 through Tenino and stopped to see Marie when we got to Centralia.  Her rib is doing great and she doesn't have any pain from it now.  From there, we stopped at our friend Bob's place and had a really nice visit.  About four, we left there so we could get home before dark.  It was a great day, but it always feels so good to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...