Thursday, November 21, 2013

Making headway!


No snow today, but plenty of frost and 25 degrees.  About 9:30, I warmed up the Blazer and we made a run to get the mail and some groceries at the Kelso Safeway.  It was one of our shorter trips to town, only 2 hours.
After lunch, I want out and worked on the planes.  I finished up getting the right retract blocks level and checked the operation.
Now I just need to mount the gear door like I did on the left gear and make up link that keeps them attached to the strut when it moves.
When I got tired of working on the Corsair, I glued in the blocks to form the fillets on the wing of the Dirty Birdy.  When the glue dried, I started grinding on the right one, I can see this is going to be a long process.
Just before going in, I glued in a magnet to hold the wing on the little Spitfire.  There are just a few more steps to do and I can see if this conversion flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...