Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The SU-29 Flies Great!

Finally some nice weather to test fly the Sukhoi SU-29. I loaded up the motor home this morning, stopped at Subway for a foot long Club and headed for Toledo. The first thing I did was get the SU-29 out and fly it. It was a great test flight, a couple of clicks of elevator trim and it was flying hands off. The manual mentioned it pulled towards the wheels in knife edge flight and needed about a 10% up elevator mix. I made a couple of minor adjustments to that figure and it was right on. This is going to be a great Aerobatic plane. I also got out the Cub, Stearman and X-500 helicopter. I ended up flying each of them twice. Vera and I had a nice visit during lunch and we headed home about 2 as it was getting kind of warm from the sunshine.
X-500, SU-29, Stearman and Cub with Mt St Helens in the background.
After we got home, I had a call from Barry. They are planning a Celebration of Mark's Life for Thursday in Chehalis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...