Saturday, June 19, 2010

Driving in the Rain

It seems like every time I drove today it rained. I left early for the radio control club's swap meet at Toledo High School. There was a smaller than normal turn out this year, probably because of that darn rain. I did good not buying anything until about 10 minutes before I left, then I ended up with two planes.

After I left the swap meet, I went to Barry's house to visit until the retirement/trip farewell party for him and the people they are traveling with. I wanted to meet Dallan and Helen so when Barry extended the invitation, I took him right up. I had a good time and got to meet lots of their relatives. I spent a couple of hours there, then headed out to James' game. The sports complex where it was held is really nice. Astro turf infields, lots of play equipment, it looked fairly new. They lost both games today, so they play the No. 1 team at 10 AM tomorrow. James played good and came out of his batting slump with a RBI single.
The rain held off for the game, but as soon as I headed South there it was again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...