Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sunday 12 27 Flying


I did make it flying today, the sun was shining on the Mt Rainier and Mt St Helens. The only problem was none of it was hitting the flying field so it was pretty chilly. It was not long before I had my new heater out and put on my Carhart Arctic Work Suit. I was real comfortable after that! Four other flyer's showed up also and we had a pretty good day. The winds were light to none all day. I forgot to take pictures of the planes I flew, but I did get some pictures of our excitement for the day. One flyer was testing a new plane and made a high speed dive. We heard a noise and pieces flew off the plane. It had lost most of one stabilizer and one elevator was sticking straight down. After he slowed down the plane flew pretty well and he was able to bring it in for a landing. Needless to say, that part will be lots stronger after he repairs it.


Right after loosing the left stabilizer.

You can see the elevator sticking straight down at the rear.

He made a great landing!

This story will probably get told several times at the field and get better with each telling.
After I got home we made another run up to Vera's sisters and she is doing better. Then it was back home to watch the Seahawks recording, that was a waste of time! I am ready for a new Quarterback and Coach.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hattie's Birthday

  We went to Hattie's first birthday party today, this is the sign they had hung over the door. The cake Laury had made for Hattie. We h...