Monday, September 6, 2021

Labor Day Flying

 
I was all set up at Toledo ready for my first flight at 9:34 this morning.  I flew the MXS-R all day.  I did make one flight on the Extra 540BP, left the transmitter turned on afterwards, ran the battery down and I didn't have a way to charge it.

Mt St Helens doesn't look like there is much snow left, the fog around the base hung on the whole time we were there.  Mt Rainier has some snow on it, the jump plane makes it's approach to landing from that direction and would have made a good picture if I had thought about it.
We left early Saturday so we didn't know there was a barbecue planned.  Guy baked chocolate chip cookies on his Traeger, Audrey cooked hot dogs and Leonard had made a potato salad.  There were also several kinds of chips, some ginger chew cookies and bottled water.  
There was lots of good food and I think everyone went back for seconds.  It was a great way to spend Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...