Friday, September 24, 2021

flying and a new Plane

 

We went flying at Toledo today.  I got the magnets epoxied back in the motor of this plane and test flew it today.  I think I figured out why they came loose, I was flying with a fourteen volt battery instead of an eleven volt like it was setup for so it probably got too hot which softened the glue holding the magnets.  I found some epoxy online that was good for five hundred degrees to repair it with that will prevent that from happening again.

Our friend Horty was selling this Grumman Tigercat model that I test flew for him a few months ago and I ended up buying it.  I flew it once today and I was a lot less nervous making the landing when it was my plane than when it was Horty's.  It flies great and is surprisingly fast at full throttle but slows down nicely for landings.  I had a good day of flying and visiting.  I really enjoyed hearing about Jim's encounters with a couple of bears while hiking.  When we got home we warmed up a loaf of garlic bread in the oven and then used it to make garlic bread sandwiches with bacon and tomatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...