Saturday, November 9, 2019

Swap Meet

We were up early today and headed for the swap meet in Olympia.  We got there about 7:30 and as we were unloading an old friend, Rob, asked if we needed any help.  He and his friend packed more in one trip than I could have in several.
This is Rob on the left and his friend at their table.  Rob made me a couple of great deals towards the end of the day.  He has quit radio control flying and was getting rid of everything.  I ran into several friends and had a great time visiting with them.
This guy bought one of my planes, he had driven up from Grants Pass Oregon for the swap meet.  He was waving the "Make Offer" signs for quite a while.
Vera watched the table and sold several planes when I was out looking for bargains and visiting.  I did end up buying another Bird of Time just before we left when the guy marked it down to forty dollars.  I had a pretty good day, we sold four airplanes, four kits, a starter, a glow engine and a small flight box.  On the way home we stopped at the Napavine Arby's for dinner and then took Jackson Hwy the rest of the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...