Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thumps on the roof

Just after I finished my blog last night, Vera and I heard a couple of real loud thumps on the roof. It was still raining and blowing like crazy so I did not go out and check right away. The rain finally let up about the time we were getting ready to call it a night so I got the light and went out the check the roof. The West side just had small branches on it, so I went to check the East side and found the trouble before I even looked at the roof. The umbrella from the table on the West side had made a trip over the house and was laying in the flower bed. Big surprise, it was not damaged so I cranked it down and set it against the house. Funny thing is, before it got dark we had both watched it spinning round and round and never gave a thought to cranking it down.
This morning we got an early start to town as we had a bunch of errands to run. Everything went like clockwork, so we had time to enjoy a leisurely lunch and dinner. With all the spare time, I decided to price water heaters as ours has been acting up. I hit Sears, Home Depot, Searing, and Lowes. Now I have lots of prices and features to consider.
After we picked up dinner at Panda Express we parked over by John Noll park to eat and wait for James' game. It kind of turned into a mud bowl by the time it was over. James played good, but they ended up losing after coming back in the top of the last inning to go ahead. It turned into a 12 hour enjoyable day.
James sliding into second base, he was safe!
The mud he picked up doing the slide.
He added to the mud sliding into third, he was safe there also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...