Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mowing and flowers

I decided to mow today but first I wanted to clean up a big branch that had fallen on the path North of the house.  Since I had the chain saw out I cut up a tree top that had fallen on one of our trails while we were in Arizona.
Mowing is a lot easier since I put the ball bearings in the steering wheel gearbox.
After taking my picture Vera went around taking pictures of some of our flowers.  This rhododendron is on the West side of our back yard.
The Prairie Fire Crab apple tree's branches hanging in front of the Port Orford cedar sure make a pretty picture.
We have two of this color azalea that we can see from our bedroom window.
These artificial birds and the pond are also visible from the window.
I have a solar powered light that shines on these rhododendrons at night.
It was a pretty warm day so I watered the new nasturtium bed again after I finished mowing.
Parker started burning the bush pile from his clearing this afternoon.  We lost four roses and our wisteria bush when he did the clearing.
We have two thistle feeders up but the gold finches seem to like the black sunflower seeds just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...