Thursday, May 7, 2020

An overnight flying session

5-6-2020
I spent most of Wednesday getting the motor home loaded so we could spend Thursday night at the Toledo flying field.
5-7-2020
We got on the road fairly early this morning.  Dan and Vicky were already there when we arrived.  Dan and I were both unloading and getting planes ready to fly so Vicky got to put in the first flight of the day.
This is Dan and Vicky with their motor home, they are spending the night also.
A few other flyers showed up today, Ken is getting his Ugly Stick ready and Gene has just finished a flight with his Vortex.
I put this picture on Facebook and one of my friends said the planes were too close together for social distancing so I flew the one in the middle.
We had a nice view of Mt Rainier out the windshield during our stay.
This picture was  taken at 8:40 PM as it was getting dark.  I wanted to put in a flight to see how well the lights showed up.
I went out again at 9:20 to make a flight in the dark.
Just after I plugged in the battery on the Night Walrus Dan mentioned the moon was coming up near Mt St Helens.  I got Vera's camera out of the motor home and took this picture before it got clear up.
Once it was clear of the hills I took this one, the camera does a good job of taking low light pictures.
My flight went great, I was able to fly way out and still see the plane fine.  After I had put it away I took a couple more moon pictures before heading in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...