Friday, August 31, 2018

Marie's Funeral

The church had used the photos I sent them to make up this screen display.
 Lots of visiting went on before the service, this is Vera with nephews (right to left) David, Gus, Gus's wife Kelly, and Dean.
James is coming over to sit with me.
Pastor Karla gave a very nice service for Marie.  She opened it up for comments and stories about Marie and there were so many that she had to cut it off.  Marie was well liked!
At a reception following the service, we got most of Marie's nieces and nephews together for a group photo.
This is Vera with her brother Leonard and his wife Kathy.
I asked James if he would take my place as a pallbearer, Dean, Gus and David were the other pallbearers.
 I was sure glad I asked James after watching them carry the casket across the uneven ground.
Pastor Karla gave a good graveside service.  After the service Vera, Michelle and I joined some of the others for dinner at the Rib Eye.  It turned out to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...