Sunday, May 27, 2018

I ran out of fingers!

I forgot a cute story from yesterday's blog, during one of my many trips between the shop and motor home I saw Dianne and the twins at the play fort so I walked over to say Hi,  right away Harper asked me how old I was, I told her "I was born in 1939 you figure it out".  She gave up right away but Ava was really concentrating and counting on her fingers, she said 78.  Dianne and I both complimented her and said she was one year off.  Her answer was, I ran out of fingers!
I went out to get a picture of the solar panels for this blog post, I started to climb up on the porch rail but it did not seem very steady so I got the eight foot step ladder and took this picture.  I spent the day cleaning and charging my airplane batteries.
This is the panel I built for the charge controllers and battery monitor.
I have not had the Corsair out all winter so I loaded it up today, this is how I transport it, the tail wheel is fastened to the oven door handle.
I will probably never take the Pitts apart unless something fails, all the wires, struts and linkages make it a big job to disassemble so I strap it to the dinette table.  We still have a little room to get by with both of them in there.
It was really pleasant when I came in from taking the pictures, the sun was just setting but the picture with the tree tops showing did not turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...