Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Fingernail Polish

Sunday we went to church, the bell choir played and they always sound so nice.  In the afternoon I worked on the new MXS, it is going faster than the Pitts as I have a pattern and I finally found the CD with the instructions on it.
Monday we hauled two or three loads of limbs from the oak tree to the burn pile.  Then I was finally able to cut it into a couple of logs.  I am going to see if I can get them cut into some planks.
Just as we finished up the last load Vera asked if we could cut down the small dead fir by the driveway.  We did and it wasn't rotten as I had expected so we limbed it and left the trunk for Steve and Dianne to use for firewood.  Then I used the lawn mower to blow the debris off the driveway and Vera got this picture.  I measured the dead fir tree today and it was 109 feet tall.
These wild roses come up all over the place and are kind of pretty.
Quite a few years ago we found a branch that had rooted on my favorite rhododendron.  We cut if off and transplanted it by an old stump.  This is the first year it has bloomed.
Vera was taking pictures while I mowed and found that our Clematis was in bloom.
The foxglove, bachelor buttons and fern make a nice little setting by the back deck.
Just as I was finishing up the mowing Vera noticed our favorite rose had it's first bloom of the year.
This is a picture Jackie sent me today of Cora right after getting her nails painted and she looks really happy with the result.  Today I worked on putting a couple of solar panels on the motor home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...