Sunday, May 6, 2018

Garage Sales and Falling the Oak Tree

Saturday we made a mail run and then went to a few garage sales.  We bought this little metal church at the Catholic Church sale with the idea of putting a plant inside to grow out the windows.  We found a plant for it at the rummage sale by Parker's restaurant.  Vera planted it when we got home and later I arranged the church over it.  It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
After church Sunday I decided to get the oak tree ready to fall.  It is putting leaves all over the shop roof and would do the same to the storage container, plus it is sending out some pretty big roots.
In this picture I am rigging the rope I will use to pull the tree in the direction I want it to go.
Do you notice that I have my fall arresting gear on that Michelle got me when I retired after watching me prune her apple tree.
The rigging went so good that I decided to fall it today and it landed right where I planned.
Boy do oak trees have a lot of limbs.  The fun is over and now the work begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...