Monday, January 1, 2018

New Years Day Flying

We got to the field for my annual New Years day flying and it was really foggy.  I unloaded my planes and got in a couple of flights.  I wanted to try the yellow P-51 but the field was too rough for the retracts so I got the mower out and rolled half the runway.  The fog never lifted so I ended up not flying it or the glider.  I did get in lots of flying with my slower planes.
Our friend Dick was the next one to show up and got his first flight of the year in right away.  Ken was next and he brought a basket of fresh warm cinnamon rolls made by his friend May.  They were really good and did not last long.
This picture is Ken flying while Dick takes pictures.  We couldn't fly very high today, about a hundred feet up the plane was getting hard to see.  You could fly out quite a ways if you stayed low.
We had a good turn out, I think we counted 18 members and most of them put in at least one flight.  Brian had brought his diesel fueled space heater and generator so this was the popular spot to stand around and talk.  We had a great day of flying and visiting, as usual I was one of the last ones to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James, a Peach Pie and Motor Home

  9-1-2024 James stopped by today and visited for a little while this afternoon. 9-2-2024 Laury brought us a peach pie she had made and it w...