Saturday, January 13, 2018

Flying at Toledo

Friday I went to "Coffee with the Pastor", got the mail, did the recycling, picked up a load of pellets and picked up some food at the store for flying on Saturday.  I spent the rest of the day unloading the pellets, building on the Skylane and getting things ready for flying.
We could hardly wait to start taking pictures of the hills when we got to the field this morning.  The fog in the valleys looked awesome.
This is just before my first flight of the day with the Porter, the transmitter is on and the battery is hooked up in the plane ready for take off.
After that first flight I mowed and rolled half of the runway.  Then I took the roller off and went over to Mrs. Herren's to mow.  It really needed mowing and I had a nice visit with her when I finished.
We had a fair turnout of eight members, five of them got in at least one flight.
Vera visited with Audrey while she was flying and between flights.
I got to put a test flight on this P-51 for Brian, it flew great with only a couple of minor trim adjustments.
I had a lot of fun with this trio of planes, I lined them up for the picture just before we left.  I also flew the J-3 Cub with a video camera on it and several flights on the foam P-51.
When I got out to lock the gate the sun was just setting so I took a couple of pictures with my cell phone.  It was a great day, about sixty degrees but we did have a pretty strong cross wind all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James, a Peach Pie and Motor Home

  9-1-2024 James stopped by today and visited for a little while this afternoon. 9-2-2024 Laury brought us a peach pie she had made and it w...