Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Sunday to Wednesday

Time to get caught up, Sunday we went to church, I flew the helicopters, worked on the Skylane and watched the Vikings game which was great!  Monday I continued working on the Skylane, I got the wing tips shaped and started glassing the wing, doing the bottom first.  I also got in some more flights with the helicopters.  I made a trip around the trails picking up blown down branches.  I also found Harper's lost drone when I remembered hearing something hit the roof before Steve stopped by to tell me it was lost.  I went out on the deck to check the backside of the roof and spotted it in the lawn with its LED's blinking away.
Tuesday I got the top of the wing fiberglassed, let it cure and then gave it a second coat of epoxy to fill the weave of the fiberglass cloth.
I also put a layer of 3/4 oz fiberglass cloth on the center section of the horizontal stabilizer.  I made another trip around the trails and picked up the last of the limbs.  They are in pretty good shape until the next wind storm.
Vera had bible study today, I did the recycling, got the mail and there was a package I have been tracking there.  I went to the store to get some bread, twenty five dollars later, I had bread, lunch and a couple of other things that caught my eye.  The package I have been waiting for was a clear topped project box.  I had gotten a digital display for the servo pulse width and it was not in a case so I was kind of nervous about it shorting out on something conductive.  I ended up mounting it and a pulse generator in the same box.  By removing the jumper I can use either one by its self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James, a Peach Pie and Motor Home

  9-1-2024 James stopped by today and visited for a little while this afternoon. 9-2-2024 Laury brought us a peach pie she had made and it w...