Friday, May 31, 2019

Off to the Winter Build Challenge

It has been a busy week, I decided to install the new color backup camera in the motor home.  When I got the old one pulled out the wiring in the dash looked so bad I got a  junction box and rewired the camera, radio and the GPS.  I also installed a new cigarette lighter socket, it hasn't worked for years, not smoking it wasn't a big issue for us but we needed it for chargers once in a while.  I took most of the planes out as we got ready to head for the Winter Build Challenge Maiden Flight Day in Shelton.  We are planning on staying there two nights, then come home for Michelle's birthday lunch at Papa Pete's Sunday afternoon.  The picture is just after we got things set up today.  We took our normal back roads route on the way up and really enjoyed the peaceful ride.  With all the curves in it, it is probably longer than the freeway and takes more time but we still got there a half an hour earlier than I had planned.
After we were setup I wandered around and visited with the other modelers.  Tony one of the guys I met had this plane with an eleven foot wing span in his trailer.  I flew the P-39 and the Skylane this afternoon to get used to landing on pavement.  The planes sure do roll a lot further than landings on grass.
Just before I settled in for the night I took this picture of the rigs spending the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vera's Birthday

 Vera and I started the day with breakfast at the Oasis, it was very good and I ended up bringing half of mine home. James came up about an ...