Sunday, May 19, 2019

Bird of Time

Vera didn't feel like going to church yet, so I got an early start pulling the covering off the Bird of Time wings.  I had thought I had a roll of covering to match the orange trim on the plane but I couldn't find it.  I told Vera I was going to pull all the covering off and do a different color scheme.  She mentioned I should check for cracks while it was uncovered.  She was right, I found several things to repair and I made one modification to the wing joiner sockets.  I am waiting for a dry day now so I can use MEK to clean off some small pieces of covering.  I have all the cracks in the fuselage repaired and ready for paint so that will probably be the next step.  Of course while looking for something else tonight I found that roll of orange covering right where I had sat it so it would be easy to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vera's Birthday

 Vera and I started the day with breakfast at the Oasis, it was very good and I ended up bringing half of mine home. James came up about an ...