Monday, May 13, 2019

A Busy Monday!

We went to Chehalis this morning to finish up Marie's estate.  It went great, we were all done at the bank in fifteen minutes and the stop at the lawyer's office only took about five minutes.  We made a stop at Arby's, picked up sandwiches for lunch and headed to the flying field.  The cap over Mt Rainier usually means rain is on the way.
I had loaded up some small planes into the Mitsubishi last night and got in ten flights while we were there.  Barry stopped by and visited for a while, I got to demonstrate the X-Vert to him.
Dan was flying his Stearman and I got this picture of it coming in to land.
After we got home I found a spot in the front half of the shop to store the Vortex until the Winter Build Challenge event on June 1st.
In this picture I am sharpening the drill I have been using to drill a stump.
This oak stump is hard!  I really had to push on the drill.  After we got the first batch of holes drilled we filled them with Stump Remover.  It is supposed to take several weeks to start breaking down the wood.
While I was drilling Vera took pictures of our flowers.  I think we have fifteen rhododendrons and they are all in bloom.
We don't know what this bush is!  We thought they were dead when we got back from Arizona but they leafed out and have more blooms than ever.

Edit:
5-20-2019 Vera looked up the bush and it is a Red Cardinal Weigela.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vera's Birthday

 Vera and I started the day with breakfast at the Oasis, it was very good and I ended up bringing half of mine home. James came up about an ...