Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years Day Flying!

This is just as the sun came up New Years morning, I had the motor home all loaded yesterday, ready to head for the field today.
On the way up Jackson Hwy. there was no traffic, so I stopped and took a picture of the barn with the Dr Pierce's ad on it.
Then I turned around and took this picture of the trees, the frost was really pretty!
Mt Rainier looked nice with all the snow on it.  Seeing this and Mt St Helens as you are flying is sure a bonus.
Once I had both of my propane heaters set up, I got the planes out and started flying.  First I flew the MXS-R on the left to warm up my thumbs.  Then I put the first flight on the Extra 300 on the right, it flew great!  The maiden flight of the little purple and yellow Mustang was next, it took some trimming but it was flying fairly well by the end of the flight and even with the small wheels I taxied back after the landing.  Not too bad for a fifty dollar plane.
May brought fresh, still warm cinnamon rolls she had made.  Boy were they good, the first layer disappeared in a big hurry.
In the afternoon, it looked almost like any other day of flying except for the coats and frost on the ground.  We had twelve club members show up during the day and ten of them flew.  There were also five family members with the flyers so it was a nice turn out.
There were skydivers and this ultra light flying today.  Both look like cold things to do when it is freezing.
The jumpers did look like they were dressed a little warmer than usual.  At least we had very little wind on the ground and heaters to stand by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vera's Birthday

 Vera and I started the day with breakfast at the Oasis, it was very good and I ended up bringing half of mine home. James came up about an ...