Thursday, November 12, 2015

Flying in the church!

I like this picture, the cheapest I have gotten gas for a long time!  We came to town for an appointment today, then did some shopping at Safeway.  I had gotten an email that offered double gas rewards if you purchased over twenty dollars worth of groceries.  We never have a problem getting over that, so we had plenty of gas rewards when I filled up on the way home.  Pastor Pam is teaching a 4H robotics class at the church and she asked me if I could fly for the kids like I did at the church talent show.  I wasn't ready last Thursday, so I emailed her that I could do it today and she said "Awesome".  Last night I got a brain storm that I could mount a video camera and transmitter on the tank and let them drive it around using the screen to see where they were going.  I flew a couple of quads, a helicopter, a plane and then let them fly the predator quad, they did pretty good with it.  Then I got the tank going and made one run up the aisle to show them how it worked.  The first boy went up and down the aisle fine, the next one ended up under the pews and the fun started, they discovered they could go anywhere and roamed all over the room.  The one girl in the group did not want to try the quad, but she was right there to run the tank and did a great job, probably the only one who didn't run into something.  The battery was getting pretty low when I finally had them quit.  While I flew one quad I turned its video recorder on as I made a quick pass over the pews.  I will put a link to it at the end.

Flying for the Robotics group

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...