Saturday, September 14, 2024

James, a Peach Pie and Motor Home

 9-1-2024

James stopped by today and visited for a little while this afternoon.

9-2-2024

Laury brought us a peach pie she had made and it was delicious.  They had gotten the peaches from the Peachman at the bottom of the hill.   We spent the entire Labor Day weekend at home.

9-4-2024

I hadn't heard from the repair shop for a while so on Wednesday I asked James to drive me down to Cottage Grove with the van so I could pickup some things I needed.  It turned out the owner had found out they were expecting another child so he needed a job with insurance coverage.  He was planning on closing at the end of the month and had been trying to figure out how to get the motor home to me.
 He made some calls and found one that could tow it tomorrow at a price I liked.  He didn't charge me for any of the labor on the engine change, I just paid for the engine.

9-5-2024

Alpha Towing showed up with the motor home this afternoon.  He would have been a little sooner but had stopped at a car fire to make sure the family was okay.  The car was a total loss but he was able to keep the fire from spreading into the fields next to the highway.
Vera was out on the deck taking pictures of the process.
I took this picture after it was parked.  The driver was really nice and I ended up showing him my airplane collection.

9-9-2024

I had James come up today and put the batteries back in the motor home.  We also went down and got a new battery for the engine, the old one was 5 years old.  I also had him help me get the mower back from the trail where the drive belt had jumped off.  I sent him over to borrow Steve's mower but they were not home.  Then he went over to borrow David's and David said sure but you need to provide the gas as it was sitting in their yard where it ran out.  James walked back and got one of my gas cans.  Then it wouldn't start because the battery was dead so David jumped it.  He followed James over incase it died and that was a good thing because it took the mower pulling and David pushing to get it out of the trail.

9-13-2024

Today we put a new entry door window and assist handle on the motor home.  Both turned into bigger jobs that we planned on.  The assist handle needed to be shortened and the hole pattern was a little different.  The window needed the opening adjusted a little plus it was awkward to get to.


One nice thing about the new assist handle is it lights up when the porch lights are on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James, a Peach Pie and Motor Home

  9-1-2024 James stopped by today and visited for a little while this afternoon. 9-2-2024 Laury brought us a peach pie she had made and it w...