Thursday, December 3, 2015

Barry

This is the two helicopters and the quad that I have been working on the last couple of weeks.  I got all three flying this week.  The Red Bull Bo-105's problem turned out to be the servo after all.  The first new servo I put in was bad, because when I put the new control board in it did the same thing.  The old board plus the second new servo (luckily I had bought two!) and it was back flying.
The little Mcpx has been suffering from old batteries, so I got new batteries, after programming it into the new transmitter, now it is flying great again.  I took the quadcopter apart a while back to try a new controller in it, that didn't work out as the controller was too big.  When I went to put it back together, I seemed to have lost the screws.  The new ones showed up this week, I finished assembling it, got it programmed into a new transmitter and test flew it.
I have been working on my new Extra 300 this week, I got the elevator and rudder hinged and the linkages all hooked up.  Today I added some bracing to the fuselage where the leading edge will rest and installed tubes for the antennas.
This is Barry ready for his shoulder replacement surgery this morning.  Mona sent me the picture and we have been texting all day to keep up with how Barry was doing.  He came through it fine and I talked to him this evening, he sounded good but tired.  He hopes to get out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...