Friday, July 19, 2024

Catching Up

7-7-2024

It was really hot today, close to 100 degrees.  James came up to escape the heat and we spent the afternoon visiting in the air conditioned shop and house.

I have been working on the Smart Car roof and finally got done painting it.

I saw this buck and doe as I went out to lock the shop tonight.  It seems like they come by to browse on things about once a week. 

7-9-2024

I lost a good friend today.  Sam and I have been good buddies for many years.

7-13-2024
We went up to Faro Field to fly today.  Our set up with the pop up over the tail gate worked great.
Sonny is getting one of his planes ready to fly.  I had been messaging with him on Facebook so I knew he would be flying also.
This is the club president Jeff flying, it was a beautiful day.  There were only 4 radio control flyers out today along with one guy flying control line.  We headed home about 2:00 when it started getting warm.  After dodging a few STP bike riders we went over and took Jackson Hwy home.
After we got home, Vera happen to notice this deer eating by one of our rhododendrons.  The first picture I took it had it's head in the bushes so we couldn't see the horn but it turned to leave right after that and I took this picture.

7-14-2024
Today I got the Smart Car out and took pictures so we can list it on Facebook Market Place.
It will be a package deal with everything needed to tow it.

7-15-2024
I had a doctors appointment this morning, of course I ended up with two referrals.  One for PT on my left leg that has never gotten back from the foot issues I had last year.  The other one is to dermatology for a check.  After I was done at Kaiser we had lunch at the Country Folks Deli.  Then we stopped by and had a great visit with Mik, Michelle and James before doing a little shopping at Safeway.

7-16-2024
While I was watering today I took a couple of pictures of the roses that are in bloom by the back deck.

7-17-2024
When we were at Mik, Michelle and James the other day I talked about using my weight machine.  James thought about how cluttered it was getting back to it and came up today and cleared a path to it.  Then he helped me clean up and put things away that I used on the Smart Car.
7-18-2024
Vera has been sorting some of her clothes so today we drove up to Chehalis and donated them to the Visiting Nurses.  Jackson Hwy was closed a couple of miles before Chehalis so we ended up on a detour in the hills East of Chehalis.  It is pretty country that we have never seen before.  The detour ended up coming out on the North side of Chehalis not far from the Visiting Nurses store.  The donation area didn't open until 10 so we ended up wandering around Harbor Freight.  Naturally we soon found some things we needed and it only cost us $40 to get out of there!  After donating the clothes, we decided to make it a scenic ride home through Napavine and eat at Arby's on the way.  We ran into another closed road so we ended up out by Adna and drove by where Vera's mother used to live.  The house is gone now and a new one has been built.  We also drove by Marie's property that she donated to the Habitat for Humanity.  It was nice to see 3 new houses there now.  Next we tried the Twin Oaks Rd which connected with the Pleasant Valley Rd that goes past the Faro Field flying site.  There was no one flying so we continued on to Napavine and finally had lunch at Arby's.  After driving by some friends new place to look at it we cruised by the Lewis County flying field but there was no one there either.  It turned out to be a very enjoyable ride and the weather was perfect all day.

7-19-2024
Well, all I have done today is edit some pictures and work on my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

James, a Peach Pie and Motor Home

  9-1-2024 James stopped by today and visited for a little while this afternoon. 9-2-2024 Laury brought us a peach pie she had made and it w...