Thursday, January 28, 2021

 
Well I finally finished the Corsair this afternoon after we got home from Vera's dental appointment.  Guess what, we managed to stop by Dairy Queen on the way home and have lunch, I bet that surprises everyone.

I got all the controls programmed into the radio and then took it out to check the current draw of the motor.  With a four cell battery pack I only had about 600 watts, not enough for an eight pound airplane.  I changed to a six cell battery and then I had 1500 watts but the current to the motor was 67 Amps and it was only rated for 60.  I changed props and then I had 1300 watts and 61 Amps which should work fine as the prop will unload in the air.  Now I have four planes ready to test fly on the next nice day.  Tomorrow I will start on number five for the Winter Build Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...