Monday, January 25, 2021

A big surprise

 
We made a run to Fred Meyer this morning it was kind of dark and dreary but the forecast for snow did not happen. 

After we got our order I went around so we could get this picture of how it works.  All we have to do is open the hatch then they talk to us through there and we never have any contact when they are finished loading they even close the hatch for us.  All the people have been super polite.
This was our big excitement on the way home they were trimming under the power lines along Pleasant Hill Rd and it was one lane with a flagger.  We have made this trip so many time that any little change is interesting.
I stopped and got the mail as we went through Castle Rock.  I had gotten a Jury Duty Summons a couple of weeks ago and with the pandemic going on I wasn't real excited about being around a group of people I didn't know.  I contacted my doctor and asked him if serving on a jury with afib was a good idea.  I got a letter from the Kaiser team to send in with my jury duty questioner  saying I should be excused until I have had at least two Covid-19 shots.  I was sure surprised when I got this notice today that I am permanently excused.
This afternoon and evening I got the elevators hinged, the linkages all hooked up and then painted the backing plates for the elevator horns to match the covering.  I haven't done the one on the rudder yet, the ones on the elevator hardly show now.  Vera made cookies tonight and tried two different times for baking them.  I have been testing them to see which I like best.  Right now it is a tie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...