Monday, September 5, 2016

That did not go as planned!

I got the leak repaired Sunday after church so I could go flying today.  We were up early and left for Toledo about eight.  We took old Ninety Nine to Barnes Drive, just after we crossed I-5 the left outside dual blew and scattered debris all over the road.  I stopped and checked it out, then backed up to a wide spot and pulled off.  Vera and a guy who was out for a walk picked up all the stuff that could puncture a tire.  Then I was trying to figure out how to get the rest of the tread loose so I could try and get home when a guy Vera knew from working at the library stopped.  I explained what the problem was, he got gloves on, pulled a pair of snips out of his truck and cut it off for us.  There are sure some nice people around.  I put the four ways on and we drove ten miles an hour all the way home.  You can sure see the scenery a lot better at that speed.  We were home again by nine, I changed into old clothes and started taking things apart.  The loose tread beating around inside the wheel well did some damage to the liner and a sewer line.
James stopped by this afternoon, he had spent the night with his friend Levi in Chehalis.  Vera had mentioned our adventure so I had to show him all the damage and the blown out tire.  We had a nice visit sitting on the lumber by the motor home.  Vera fixed us a quick lunch and he headed home to get some rest, I guess Levi keeps his room pretty warm and James didn't sleep good.  I did a little more work tearing damaged parts off before calling it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brakes and Flying

  Yes, yesterday I got the brake job on the Smart Car finished.  The left side went faster as I had all the tools out and knew how it came a...