Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Flying, building and mowinng!

Tuesday morning early, we made a run to Kelso for some supplies.  On the way home we picked up the mail and my new FPV camera was there, this one is NTSC instead of PAL, so I should be able to record some of the video from my quad.  I spent a large part of the day getting that all wired up, working and mounted.  I also modified the tail wheel on the Sukhoi as it kept binding up and not turning.  I reprogrammed the speed control of the Dimona so the motor brake was on.  Yesterday, the prop would not fold because it kept windmilling.

Wednesday, the new camera worked great on the quad, I put it just above the GoPro and by checking it, I can tell where the GoPro is aimed.  I would have sworn that I was way further North when I took this picture, the the video showed me right where the camera was pointed.
I wanted a picture of the pink dogwood, but every one of the fifty or so I took was washed out from the sunlight.  I will try again when it is overcast.
This afternoon, I decided to mow, I had just gotten a good start when it started raining.  I quit for a little while and then finished up about an hour later.  Of course I had to get the quad out and take some pictures of the mowing, I just happened to take a selfie while I was doing that.  I got the Tarot 200 out later and made a couple of flights practicing with the camera on it.  The Fokker Triplane's speed control was acting strange Monday, so I downloaded the instructions and reprogrammed it today, it was set for the wrong type of battery.  As I was coming in for the night, I flew my littlest quad all over the yard taking video in the dark only to discover the memory card was not in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visiting the Dolans

  This morning when I went out to get the Smart Car so I could use the new vacuum radiator filling system I saw this little bunny.  It was a...