Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Motor Home Maintenance.

Tuesday Vera and I went down and got our flu shots.  Vera's nurse was nicknamed "Slick" because you could not even feel the shots she gave.  Mine was pretty good also, as I never felt a thing.  Afterwards we went to the Country Village and had a nice lunch.  Their carrot cake is really good!  When we got home, I did some more cleanup and rearranging in the shop.
That is where I spent a good part of today!  It has been a while, (like before my knee was done), since I have done much maintenance on the motor home.  Right off the bat, I found a bolt missing and the other one loose on the rear motor mount.  Talk about a tight spot, after I found a replacement and got it started in the hole, I could not tighten it with any of the wrenches I had.  I needed to fill one propane tank, so I stopped and bought a set of stubby wrenches at Gunnar's on the way.  That did the trick and I was able to tighten the bolt.  I also greased it, fixed a parking light that was not working, tightened all the hose clamps, adjusted the doors (that took a while!) and checked the oil and water.  The twins were outside several times today, the second time Ava said "Hi" pointed at grandma and said "Yummy" so I walked over to see what she was talking about. Dianne had made cinnamon rolls and they were still warm.  Steve brought me one and it was great!  It was fun watching the girls eat theirs, Harper loaded up her fork with most of the pieces before she took a bite.  All too soon it was time to get back to the motor home.
On my last trip in the clouds looked pretty spectacular and I thought the sunset might be interesting tonight.  I kept an eye on it as I was doing this, but the colors just were not there tonight.  Vera baked chicken for dinner and it was really good, I could tell it was going to be when I smelled it as it baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brakes and Flying

  Yes, yesterday I got the brake job on the Smart Car finished.  The left side went faster as I had all the tools out and knew how it came a...